Mental Capacity & Deprivation of Liberty Training
Our extensive knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) enables us to provide MCA & DoLS training to a very high standard. We offer bespoke training packages that range from a one-off, 3 hour session to regular, ongoing training for your staff team. If your organisation works with people who may lack capacity to make decisions then you have a legal duty to ensure that you comply with the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and that any decisions made are made following best interests principles.
Because out training is unique to you, we can provide pretty much anything you want. Some of our most frequent courses include:
- Introduction to the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- How to make a Best Interest decision
- How can we improve our policies and practice?
- What should our care home know about the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards?
- How to assess capacity to make a particular decision