As you will be aware, the health and social care sector (like others) is working hard to maintain essential services in what are extremely challenging times. Whilst the manner in which many of us work is being adapted in line with current Government and Public Health England guidance, it is recognised that much of the work we undertake can’t simply just stop. So, there is a balance to be had between ensuring, as far as possible, the wellbeing of everyone (especially vulnerable people) and maintaining vital services. I am committed to maintaining as many of the services I provide throughout this period of uncertainty whilst acting responsibly to help ensure the safety of those I work with, vulnerable people and their carers.

To this end, until further notice, the following will apply:

Where possible, I will assess and consult people using non face-to-face methods such as Skype and telephone calls. Sometimes this is not possible and, in those situations, where safe to do so, I will continue with a face-to-face approach. If this is required, current Government guidelines will be followed. Whichever method will be adopted will depend entirely upon the nature and urgency of the work and will be discussed with the instructing party and care providers where applicable.

I wish you a safe and healthy time as we work together over the coming months,

Best Wishes, Gary.

X Close Notice

Tel: 0203 617 1255

Independent Social Worker and Expert Witness specialising in Mental Capacity, Best Interests, Deprivation of Liberty and the Care Act.

I warmly welcome you to Gary Crisp Consultants. I’m Gary Crisp, an experienced, Independent Social Worker (Registered with Social Work England and Social Care Wales) and Expert Witness. I provide a person-centred approach to Social Work and am committed to providing you with an excellent service whether its a one-off assessment and report or a regular programme of training.  My work generally covers the South West of England (Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire and Hampshire) and London, although I am happy to consider instruction from anywhere in the country.

I’m instructed by individuals, solicitors, case management companies, local authorities, clinical commissioning groups and care homes to provide high quality reports, assessments and training in the following areas:

I can be instructed by anyone who requires an Independent Social Worker to complete an assessment or report in any of the areas above.  I can also be instructed as an Expert Witness in the following areas; mental capacity and best interests, deprivation of liberty (Article 5 Rights), Immigration and the effects that deportation will have upon children and other family members, Care Act assessments and Continuing Healthcare.

I also have a keen interest in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND), in particular at the stage where children are entering into adulthood and at the point where legislation such as the Mental Capacity Act (aged 16) and the Care Act (aged 18) apply.  I am often instructed by solicitors, educational specialists and family members to prepare Care Act and Mental Capacity Reports in preparation for SEND appeals and Tribunals.

I can be instructed to provide second opinion assessments where the outcome of the original assessment is disputed.  Or by those who require a thorough assessment which will stand up to scrutiny and cross-examination in court.  I have extensive knowledge of mental capacity, best interests decisions, deprivation of liberty and the Care Act as well as completing assessments and reports.

Social Work Services for Solicitors and Case Management Companies

With several years’ experience as an Expert Witness and writing reports for courts and tribunals, I produce high quality reports and assessments for solicitors and case management companies.  Often, when a person uses a case management company to manage their health and social care needs, they don’t engage the local authority and benefit from the duties imposed upon them such as the duty to assess needs and develop a support plan. Instead, they instruct independent health and social care professionals when required. I am happy to be instructed by solicitors and case management companies to provide services such as; Care Act assessments and developing support plans, mental capacity assessments, best interests decisions and advice about deprivation of liberty. Please take a look at the services I offer and if you require the support of an Independent Social Worker, or would like to discuss any aspect of Social Work with me, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mental Capacity Assessments For Solicitors
Independent Social Work Services for Solicitors