Independent Expert Witness Reports
I am a qualified expert witness and hold The Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) Expert Witness Family Certificate (2021). I can be instructed as an expert witness in the following areas of adult social care:
- Care needs and carer assessments (Care Act assessments)
- Mental capacity assessments and best interests decisions
- Deprivation of liberty and the deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Civil negligence in matters relating to older adults (breach of duty)
I have undergone the following Bond Solon expert witness training:
- Excellence in Report Writing (2020)
- Courtroom Skills (2020)
- Cross-Examination Day (2021)
- Family Law and Procedure (2021)
As well as writing reports that are compliant with the various court rules, my expert witness reports are rooted in Social Work theory and good practice principles. An expert witness instruction is a specific instruction to assist the courts where specialist knowledge is required and has been requested. It is different to instructing me as an experienced Independent Social Worker and the letter of instruction will need to clearly stated whether an expert witness is being instructed or not.
In addition to instructing me as an expert witness, I can also be instructed as an independent Social Worker.